The new mobile technician case from the Dell Technologies OEM & IoT Solutions team is designed for field service technicians and rugged, reliable work in industrial environments. Including the Dell Latitude 12 Rugged 7212 tablet and printer, the basic case weighs approximately seven kilograms, a weight reduction of up to 30 per cent compared to conventional case systems. The customizable technician case is now available.
Dell Technologies ensures the uncompromising performance of its new mobile case, which has the Dell Latitude 12 Rugged 7212 Tablet at its heart, with its rigorous ‘test-to-fail‘ methodology. Even in extreme industrial environments and outdoor use, mobile workers can easily see everything on the screen and two swappable dual batteries ensure service technicians can use the device throughout the day.
Features of the new mobile technician case ULW-L12-2 include:
– The tablet can be locked in a docking station so that field staff can transport it safely
– For ergonomic working, the tablet can be set up at the required angle and the wireless keyboard and mouse can be removed if necessary
– A magnetically lockable case shell comes from Dell OEM partner BORMANN and is made of recyclable polycarbonate
– Mobile printing: A direct thermal printer is firmly attached to the case shell
– There is also space for a document folder and a pen holder
– An integrated cable reel supplies the tablet and printer with main power, which significantly reduces set-up and dismantling times: the mobile workstation is ready for operation in around 10 seconds
– In the basic configuration, the technician’s case weighs only about 7.3 kilograms, making it considerably lighter than conventional case systems
– Companies can have the technician case designed in their CI and adapted to individual requirements with adjustable Velcro dividers. This includes, for example, a BORMANN handle for the Dell Latitude 12 Rugged 7212 Tablet
The Dell Technologies’ mobile, customizable technician case ULW-L12-2 is now available.